The following are the Admission requirements for Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
All applicants who wish to apply for direct entry to any of the bachelor’s degree programmes must have one of the following:
General Certificate of Education (G.C.E); ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level:
‘O’ Level: grade 6 or better in six (6) subjects including English, Maths and science
‘A’ Level: passes in three (3) subjects plus general paper
Grade ‘D’ or C6 or better in three (3) Core including English and Maths and three (3) elective subjects.
SPECIFIC Admission requirements for Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
Eighteen (18) months/two-year top- up bachelor’s degree:
Applicants to these programmes must have one of the qualifications stated under the general requirement in addition to the HND with specialisation in the same programme they wish to offer at GIMPA.
Three-year (3) bachelor’s degree:
Applicants with the under-listed qualifications qualify for a three-year bachelor’s degree programme:
• GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
• GBCE – 5 subjects
• ABCE – 3 subjects
• Diploma from Accredited Tertiary Institutions in Ghana
• Diploma from Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ)
• Private Secretary
• Teacher’s Cert ‘A’
• Diploma in Nursing
• Institute of Chartered Accountant, Ghana (ACCA Part 1)
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (Part 1)
• Association of Certified Accountant (Part 1)
• Institute of Bankers (Part 1)
• RSA Part 2 – 5 subjects
• RSA Part 3 – 3 Subjects
• HND holders who want to offer a programme different from what they offered at the polytechnic.
Four-year (4) bachelor’s degree (lecture period – 5:00p.m. to 8:00p.m.; Monday to Friday)
SSSCE/WASSCE with grade D or C6 or better in three (3) core including English and Maths and three (3) elective subjects with an aggregate score of not more than 24 in the case of SSSCE and 36 in the case of WASSCE. Applicants must be at least 25 years and working.
Four-year (4) bachelor’s degree (lecture period – 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.; Monday to Friday)
• SSSCE/WASSCE applicants with grade D or C6 or better in three (3) core including English and Maths and three (3) elective subjects with an aggregate score of 24 for SSSCE and 36 for WASSCE or better
• No work experience is required
• No limit on age
Transfer from other universities:
Students from other universities who want to transfer to GIMPA must be in good standing from their former university. The application should include SSSCE, WASSCE or ‘O’ Level results and a transcript from the transferring university. Applicants who transfer from other universities will have to spend at least two years in GIMPA.
Applicants who are 25 years or above, and have at least three (3) years working experience but do not have any of the above listed qualification for direct admission may be admitted if they pass an entrance examination in English, Maths and general paper. Applicants are to provide birth certificates and evidence of working experience.
• Candidates who do not have the full set of documents should not apply.
• All applicants must submit certified copies of all certificates with their applications.
• All programmes are Non- residential.
How to Apply:
Application forms and brochure for both the regular and HND top-up programmes may be obtained from the Cashiers Office at GIMPA or downloaded from the schools website. Those who download the forms from the site will have to pay on submission.
Admission requirements for Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)