The University of Ghana School of Medicine & Dentistry (UGSMD) and Gulf Medical University (GMU) in UAE are inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Special Medical Programme of UGSMD and GMU for the 2018/2019 academic year leading to the award of MB ChB (UG).
- Applicants should have a good qualifications in IB, GCE A’levels, and WASSCE/SSSCE examinations or its equivalent.
- Applicants would be required to study for the Associate Degree in Preclinical Sciences Programme (ADPCS) at Gulf Medical University – U.A.E. All credits acquired at the Gulf Medical University – U.A E. will be transferred to the MB ChB programme at UGSMD – Ghana and continue with the Clinical Courses in Accra, University of Ghana (UG) at the School of Medicine & Dentistry (SMD) and upon successful completion of the courses/credits at UGSMD – Ghana be awarded the MB ChB degree by virtue of an articulation agreement between both institutions.
- Applicants will be required to have passed GRE or ILETS or TOEFL or be prepared to sit for the exams in the first year in Ajman.
Nature of Programme and Duration
The Transnational Medical Programme is a Six (6) Year Medical Programme leading to the award of MB ChB, UG. Students will be admitted in August 2018 and are expected to graduate in 2024.
Who can Apply
This Programme is especially targeted at:
- Ghanaian candidates who qualify for admission locally in Ghana but are unable to secure placements and want to therefore travel abroad to study Medicine in a reputable collaborating university.
- Foreign candidates in the sub region and globally who want to study Medicine and graduate with MB ChB degree from UGSMD – Ghana.
Mode of Application
Applicants are to apply online by visiting Gulf Medical University (GMU) website at www.gmu.ac.ae or University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry (UGSMD) website at www.smd.ug.edu.gh and follow corresponding links to GMU/UGSMD. Prospective candidates will be interviewed prior to admission. More information is provided at the GMU website.
Applicants for the Transnational Medicine Programme must apply on or before 31st August 2018. Admissions will be given on a first-come basis.
Prospective Applicants are to check from GMU admissions Office for other costs e.g.
- Visa and Immigration charges
- Health Insurance
- Cost of living in Ajman
For further information, please contact the School of Medicine & Dentistry Administration Block, Academic Affairs Office (Room 23), Korle-Bu or GEMP Secretariat (Adjacent to Reproductive Health/Maternity Block), Korle-Bu.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com