Ashesi University College 2017/2018 Fees schedule
Ashesi University College 2017/2018 Fees schedule; Ashesi’s academic year consist of two semesters. The first semester of every academic year begins late August to December, and the second semester runs from January to May. For the 2016/2017 academic year, tuition fees are $3,758 per semester, which also covers textbooks. Students who do not already have medical insurance, will be required to sign on for one upon enrolment into Ashesi.
|Medical insurance (not required with proof of other medical insurance)||$240||$240|
|On-campus housing (optional)||$917||$1,164|
In addition to the above expenses, we recommend that students budget an additional minimum of $300 per semester to cover personal expenses and incidentals.
Ashesi has very flexible payment plans for families who cannot pay fees in full at the start of the semester. Families have the option of making payments twice a semester or four times a semester. Families who pay full tuition fees before the due date for each semester, will receive discount.
|Early Payment Discount||3.5%|
|Additional Charge for Paying in Two Instalments||3% fee|
|Additional Charge for Paying in four instalments||6% fee|
Scholarships at Ashesi
We are committed to granting equal opportunities to students who qualify to attend Ashesi, regardless of their financial resources. Thanks to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Ashesi, and grants from generous individuals and organisations, Ashesi is awarding significant need-based financial support to qualified students. Students who win scholarships will be eligible for full or partial financial support to cover their tuition fees, text books, housing, and meals. Do note that scholarships are awarded to students prior to their enrolment into Ashesi. We only offer highly limited financial aid to students already enrolled.
Study Abroad Fees
(For students applying independently to study abroad at Ashesi)
- All fees are subject to review each semester, and semester expenses may vary.
- Scholarship awards vary depending on proven need, leadership and academic potential, and availability of funds.
Ashesi University College 2017/2018 Fees schedule Payment Procedures
A. Payment by direct deposit to the bank
(1) Pay fees at the bank (Ghana & ECOWAS Region)
For payments within Ghana or the West Africa (ECOWAS) region, students can deposit fees directly to either our Ghana Cedi or US Dollar account with any ECOBANK branch as follows:
- Account Name : ASHESI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
- Cedi Account Number : 0200014411600902
- Dollar Account Number : 0202034411600901
(2) Fill deposit slip
Complete a deposit slip in triplicate as follows:
- Original for the bank
- Duplicate to be submitted to Ashesi (photo copy is acceptable). The duplicate can be handed in at the Finance Office on submission of application forms.
- Triplicate should be kept by student as evidence of payment.
(3) Confirm information required on the deposit slip
- Full name and contact number(s).
- A valid Bank Stamp
(4) Submit deposit slip to Ashesi, and get an official Ashesi Receipt
Submit a copy of the deposit slip to the Finance Office at Ashesi, and keep your receipt with you.
B. Payment by International Wire Transfer
West Africa | Other parts of Africa | The Americas | UK & Europe
*Please note geographical location corresponding to each bank account listed below
(1) West Africa Rapid Transfers
(can be conducted from any ECOBANK location in the West African region using the following account information):
(2) Africa Wire Transfer Payment Information
(transfer can be made from banks located in Africa. This applies to both tuition and application fees):
(3) The Americas (USA, Canada, South America) Wire Transfer Payment Information
a. Transfer from:
b. Transfer to:
(4) United Kingdom and Europe Wire Transfer Payment Information
a. Transfer from:
Ghana International Bank PLC, 69 Cheapside, London EC2P2BB, United Kingdom
b. Transfer to:
C. Payment via Online Payment Portal
(1) Please contact the Finance Office if you need further payment instructions.
(2) Deposits are non-refundable.
(3) Students must review all official receipts to ensure the following information reflect on the receipt:
- Date of receipt
- Date of deposit slip or payment order
- Full name
- Deposit amount and exchange rate if applicable
- Payment description, e.g. application fees
- Signature of the Admin Assistant
- Phone number