Ashesi University College Cut off points 2017
Ashesi University College Cut off points 2017 is very difficult to get. According to the institution, cut off points are only used when the number of qualified applicants exceeds the available vacancies in the University.
According to them, the Ashesi University College entry or admission requirements are used instead of the Ashesi University College Cut off points 2017.
Below is the entry or admission requirements
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level and at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate(IB) Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
(Please note that all certificates and results slips other than the WASSCE must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for verification, evaluation and to determine their eligibility for admission into Ashesi.)
In addition to meeting the requirements described for Ghanaian nationals, applications from International students must meet the following requirements:
- Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): International students for who English was not a language of instruction must submit a TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 80 for the Internet Based Test (iBT).
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE): Three core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science, and three elective subjects including Elective Mathematics and Physics, with a C6 or better in each of them.
- A-Level: Three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: For prospective engineering students, Mathematics SL with a 5 or better, or Mathematics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry mathematics requirement; similarly, Physics SL with a 5 or better, or Physics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry physics requirement. However, Mathematics HL and Physics HL are expected to be a competitive engineering applicant.
All students that transfer into Ashesi must begin as first year students. Ashesi currently does not accept transfers into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of our academic program.
In order to secure admission, transfer candidates must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that Ashesi has received an official transcript from each institution attended in order to complete your application.