The Ghana ARMED FORCES RECRUITMENT for 2016 has begun and the steps to follow in order to apply are as follow
HOW TO APPLY
- Acquire a scratch card at a fee of SEVENTY GHANA CEDIS (GH₵70) from any of the designated regional post offices.
- Scratch gently to reveal the pin code. The scratch card can be used for three times until a record is successfully submitted.
- Log on to the Ghana Armed Forces recruitment portal @ https://www.gafrecruitment.com with any of the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Google Chrome.
- Read through the entry and general eligibility requirements thoroughly.
- Click on apply now and select apply as Officer Cadet.
- Ensure your mobile phone’s Cell Broadcast Message Service is turned “ON”. This can be done by going through the following steps on your phone;
- Message Settings
- Find “Cell Broadcast / Broadcast Message / CB Activation / Advertisement” depending on your brand of mobile phone.
- Set activation “ON”.
- Set all channels to “receive”.
- Enter the card serial number and Pin code for authentication.
- Select your preferred Arm of Service, commission type (Regular or Short Service) and desired vacancy as advertised.
- Provide all required academic and personal data and upload all relevant documents.
- Enter your personal details and take note of the following from pages 1 to 3:
- Page 1: Select your desired vacancy and provide all other required data.
- Page 2: Upload a scanned copy of your passport sized photograph of dimension (200 x 180 pixels), enter a valid e-mail address, personal mobile phone number in the format (233244123456) and enter any other required data.
- Page 3: Enter the results of only the TWO required core subjects on your WASSCE/SSCE Certificate, that is; CORE MATHEMATICS AND CORE ENGLISH.
- Enter your WASSCE or SSCE Index number, WASSCE or SSCE results slip serial number. Upload only scanned copies of the following; WASSCE or SSCE Certificate and Degree Certificate (Degree,). NB: Each scanned document (Passport picture, WASSCE or SSCE Certificate, Degree Certificate) to be uploaded, should not exceed 1(One) Megabyte and should be in JPEG picture format only.
- Click on the Preview Button to see a summary page of all data provided. Read through this page carefully and click on the back button, if there are any modifications to be made.
- Click on the submit button and expect an instant e-mail and text message, which includes your unique system generated Identification Number.
- Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it, if you are Qualified. However, if you lose your copy of the final report, go back to the recruitment portal, click on the Check Details Tab, enter your unique identification number sent to you by SMS/E-Mail and order a re-print.
THE RECRUITMENT SCRATCH CARDS CAN BE GOTTEN FROM THE FOLLOWING REGIONAL AND DISTRICT POST OFFICES
- Greater Accra Region
Accra North, GPO, Cantonments, Mallam, Dansoman Main, Legon, Madina, TUC KIA office, Kaneshie, Ministries, Mamprobi, New Achimota, Tema Community 1, Tema Community 11, Tema Community 2, Tema Community 7 Shopping Centre, Burma Camp, James Town, North Kaneshie, Teshie Nungua Estates, Sakumono, Spintex, Ada Foah, Labadi.
- Central Region
Cape Coast, Agona Swedru, Saltpond, Winneba, Elmina, Mankessim, Adisadel College, Assin Fosu, Kasoa.
- Northern Region
Tamale, Education Ridge, Yendi, Walewale, Damongo, Bole.
- Upper West Region:
Wa post office, Lawra post office, Tumu post office.
- Upper East Region:
Bawku post office, Navrongo post office, Bolgatanga post office.
- Ashanti Region:
Kumasi Main, KNUST, Ashanti-Mampong, Bekwai-Ashanti, Suame, Konongo, Kajetia, Ejisu, Agona, New Tafo, Bekwai, Obuasi, Offinso, Ejura, Juaso, Akrokerri, Agogo post office.
- Brong – Ahafo Region:
Sunyani, Berekum, Techiman, Bechem, Kwame Danso, Kintampo, Dormaa Ahenkro, Duayaw-Nkwanta.
- Eastern Region:
Koforidua, Nkawkaw, Mpraeso, Suhum, Akim Oda, Kibi, Asamankese, Akropong-Akuapem, Somanya, Akosombo, Nsawam.
- Western Region:
Takoradi, Sekondi, Tarkwa, Enchi, Sefwi-Wiawso, Axim.
- Volta Region:
Ho, Keta, Hohoe, Kpando, Denu, Peki, Sogakope, Jasikan, Kadjebi, and Aflao post office.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY 2016 GHANA ARMED FORCES RECRUITMENT
Eligible applicant MUST:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- Be of good character.
- Be not less than 18 years of age and not more than 22 years for non – tradesmen and not more than 24 years for tradesmen by June 2016.
- Be medically fit by Armed Forces standards
- Be not bonded.
- Be not married.
- Have six credits (not less than Grade C6) in WASSCE, including Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science, or the requisite credits/passes in respective trade qualifications from GES at Intermediate or Advance Level.
- Have six (6) Credits (not less than Grade 6) at BECE including English and Mathematics.
- Be of minimum height of 1.68m (5’6”) for males and 1.57m (5’2”) for females. For Military Police only; be of a minimum height of 1.75m (5’9”) for males and 1.70m (5’7”) for females.