Ghana Institute Of Journalism GIJ Opens 2016-2017 Graduate Admission
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH (SoGSaR)
ADMISSIONS OF CANDIDATES TO THE MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
The GIJ School of Graduate Studies and Research (SoGSaR) invites prospective applicants for admission into any of the following graduate programmes:
- MASTER OF ARTS IN JOURNALISM
- MASTER OF ARTS IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
- MASTER OF ARTS IN MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- MASTER OF ARTS IN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
i.A Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies from the Ghana Institute of Journalism or any approved/recognized university with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division (2nd Class Lower).
ii. A Bachelor’s degree in other disciplines from any reputable university with at least a Second Class Lower Division (2nd Class Lower).
Shortlisted applicants shall be required to write an entrance examination. Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
PROGRAMME DURATION AND DELIVERY:
This is a 15-month intensive programme. It is a regular programme based on the semester system with lectures running for five (5) days in a week. Lectures start at 4.00 p.m. each day.
Note: Applicants from Non-English speaking countries must also meet a minimum level of English Language Proficiency in the following areas: GSCE/O LEVEL, IELTS and TOEFL.
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS:
ii. International Applicants- USD$150.00
HOW TO APPLY: There are two types of application.
- NOTE: Instructions for completing the Online GIJ Application Forms:
- Pay your application fee at any Fidelity Bank Branch by providing your name and telephone number.
- You will be provided with your application number at the bank.
- Go to https://registration.gij.edu.gh/Apply/Start to begin and complete your application online.
- Application Forms can also be downloaded from the Institute’s website: www.gij.edu.gh
Downloaded forms should be submitted with the appropriate Payment Slip from any Fidelity Bank Branch).
Completed Application Forms should reach:
THE SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL SECRETARIAT,
GHANA INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM,
P. O. BOX GP 667, ACCRA.
Not later than Friday, 6th May, 2016
For any further enquiries, contact: Tel: 233-0302 228336 or 026 396 0567