Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration Admission Requirements
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration Admission Requirements, the following are the Admission requirements for Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA). All applicants who wish to apply for any course or programme in the GIMPA institute should make sure they meet the following prerequisite.
1. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), and West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) candidates:
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level candidates:
- Passes in three (3) GCE Advanced Level subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary
- Level subjects including English, Mathematics, a Science subject (for non-science students) and an
Art’s subject (for science students).
3. Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) candidates to first-degree programmes:
- Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (at least second class lower division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a minimum of two (2) years post-HND qualification working experience. Other diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) may be similarly considered.
4. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) candidates:
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
5. Mature Students’ entry:
- Mature students entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so
earlier to further their education at the tertiary level after years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least twenty-five (25) years old, at the time of registration and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate document.
- An applicant must pass the mature students’ entrance examinations conducted by GIMPA in English, Mathematics and an Aptitude test.
6. Foreign Qualifications:
- All foreign qualifications would be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination
of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana in accordance with the National
Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)].Note should be taken however that the American SAT,
TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into GIMPA.
7. Professional and other entry qualifications:
- All professional certificates and any other qualification beyond the ones specified above would be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission to university. Note that the Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification cannot, in itself, be used for admission into tertiary education institutions and programmes in Ghana.
- WASSCE Awaiting Results:
Candidates who write the May/June WASSCE examinations are given the opportunity to apply for provisional admission into the daytime (8:00 am – 3:00 pm) 4-year bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Transfer from Other Universities:
Students from other universities who wish to transfer to GIMPA have the opportunity to do so. They must be in
good standing from their former university. The application should include applicant’s SSSCE, WASSCE or GCE Ordinary and Advanced levels results, and a transcript from the transferring university.