Ho Technical University February 2017 Admissions Ongoing
February 2017 Admissions For 2016/2017 Academic Year
The University announces sale of admission e-vouchers for February 2017 Intake into Bachelor (B.Tech), Higher National Diploma (HND) and Pre-HND programmes for the 2016/2017 Academic year. Candidates awaiting results from NOVDEC should also apply.
A. TOP-UP BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B.TECH) PROGRAMMES
1. BTech Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular and Weekend options)
2. BTech Automobile Engineering
3. BTech Agricultural Engineering
Entry Requirements for BTech Degree Programmes
• HND in related field(s) of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
• Any other equivalent qualification
• Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience
B. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
1. HND Agricultural Engineering
2. HND Mechanical Engineering (Production and Automobile options)
3. HND Building Technology
4. HND Civil Engineering
5. HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
6. HND Statistics
7. HND Agro-Enterprise Development
8. HND Information Communication Technology
9. HND Food Technology
10. HND Computer Science
11. HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
12. HND Fashion Design and Textiles
13. HND Industrial Art (options in painting, Graphic Design, Sculpture, Textiles and Ceramics )
14. HND Accountancy
15. HND Marketing
16. HND Secretaryship and Management Studies
17. HND Banking and Finance
18. HND Purchasing and Supply
Entry Requirements for HND Programmes
a. SSSCE APPLICANTS
i. Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and
ii. At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
b. WASSCE APPLICANTS
i. Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
ii. Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
c. DBS APPLICANTS
i. Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
d. GBCE AND ABCE APPLICANTS
i. Five (5) GBCE credits including English and Business Mathematics or (2) ABCE passes.
e. TEACHERS’ CERTIFICATE ‘A’ HOLDERS
f. TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS
i. Technician Part II OR III certificate holders
ii. Certificate II holders ( Must obtain passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
iii. Pre-HND candidates
g. MATURE CANDIDATES
i. Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
ii. Must have two (2) years industrial experience.
iii. Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in the area of specific programme of study)
iv. And/or pass an interview.
h. INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Technical University.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicant from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
(a) Ghanaian applicants
1. Go to https://admisions.htu.edu.gh on the internet after you purchase the Ho Technical University admission e-voucher.
2. Log on to the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and PIN
3. Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application.
4. On completing and submission of your online application, an envelope number will be generated automatically for you
(b) International Applicants
International Applicants can only purchase the e-voucher online using Visa Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
An E-voucher Number and PIN can be obtained from:
a. All Regional Post Offices in Ghana.
b. All networked Branches of Zenith Bank in Ghana.
c. Online, using Visa Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
COST OF E-VOUCHER
Bachelor of Technology Applicants GH¢140
HND Applicants GH¢130
Mature Applicants GH¢140
International Students (BTech/HND Applicants) USD100
NOTE: All mature applicants will be expected to pay an additional amount of GH¢100.00 on or before the day of the entrance examinations at the Polytechnic campus to cover the cost of the entrance examinations.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION
A printed copy of completed online application, together with photocopies of certificates and result slips or transcripts (MTech, BTech and HND applicants) and Birth Certificates (for mature applicants) should be submitted to the following address, using the University branded EMS Envelops obtainable from any branch of Ghana Post Company Limited throughout the country at the cost of GHc20.00 (Twenty Ghana Cedis):
The Registrar, Ho Technical University, P. O. Box HP 217, Ho – Ghana.
To avoid loss of hard copy of completed online application and other required attachments, applicants MUST use Ho Technical University branded EMS Envelops only for submitting the documents to the Registrar.
Closing date for sale of application forms (MTech, BTech and HND) is 31st January, 2017. Detailed entry requirements and information on faculties and programmes can be obtained from the University website www.htu.edu.gh. For further information please call the Admissions Officer on; 020-8423194 or the Public Relations Officer on 020-8824092 / 03620-26456020.