The University of Ghana announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2016/2017 academic year. Applicants should take note of the following:
- i) All prospective applicants are advised to carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
- ii) All applicants who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2016are eligible to apply.
iii) There is direct admission of applicants into all programmes offered by the College of Health Sciences but as first choice only. For second and third choices, applicants are strongly advised to choose courses from the Sciences.
- iv) There is direct admission of applicants into the various Programmes available in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and the School of Biological Sciences. Applicants will be expected to select up to four (4) choices in order of preference.
- v) Applicants who select either B.Sc. Administration or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) as first choice are advised strongly to select bouquets from the Bachelor of Arts programme as second choice to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
- vi)For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
vii) All students entering the BA progamme must offer three (3) subjects at Level 100, two (2) subjects at Level 200 and Level 300 and either two (2) subjects or one (1) subject at Level 400.
viii) Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
- ix) Holders of other qualifications including International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, and the American Grade 12 examinations which hitherto were admitted to Level 200, will be admitted to Level 100.
- x) All applications must be submitted ONLINE at https://admission.ug.edu.ghon the purchase of the University of Ghana application e-voucher.
- xi) All applicants will be considered on the basis of result equivalents as provided by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), as per schedule below:
|A1||1 – Excellent
||A||1 – Excellent
|B2||2 – Very Good
||B||2 – Very Good
|B3||3 – Good
||C||3 – Good
|C4||4 – Credit
||D||4 – Credit
|C5||5 – Credit
||E||5 – Pass
|C6||6 – Credit
||F|| – Fail
|D7||7 – Pass
|E8||8 – Pass
|F9||9 – Fail|
xii) All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITYNUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
xiii) Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.