Israeli Government Scholarships For International Students 2016
Scholarship covers: The 2016 Israeli Government Scholarships could be partial, or in rare cases full. Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and basic health insurance.
Level: First priority will be given to candidates applying for a post doctorate program and to research students. Second priority will be given to PhD Students and to MA students. Third priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
Field(s): any one course offered by the Israel Universities (Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Ministry).
Deadline: November 30 each year.
Funded By: Government of Israel
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Israeli Government Scholarships are targeted for students of Austria , Belarus, Belgium,
‣ Terms and conditions of the 2016 Israeli Government Scholarships will change every year according to the yearly budget.
‣ The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full. Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and basic health insurance.
‣ Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant’s responsibility.
‣ Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Ministry.
‣ Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry only.
‣ First priority will be given to candidates applying for a post doctorate program and to research students. Second priority will be given to PhD Students and to MA students. Third priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
‣ The Government of Israel is pleased to offer scholarships to foreign students, as agreed in the Cultural Agreements between Israel and the following countries: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, The Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
To avail 2016 Israeli Government Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The applicant must hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
‣ The applicant must be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35.
‣ Proof of English or Hebrew language knowledge.
‣ The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University that he/she applies to Scholarship will be approved only after the required institute approves the acceptance of the candidate.
‣ Final decision regarding the granting of a scholarship will be made around May each year. The embassy will notify the candidate of his/her acceptance to the scholarship program.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should include:
- Completed application form ;
- Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend ;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities or the Israeli supervisor (in the case of a research or post doctorate);
- Official original academic records (or notarized copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student’s records;
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate;
- Three (3) photographs;
- Certificate of health
- All of the above should be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy in the applicant’s country.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due Date: Date for the submission of application forms is different in each country but normally is no later than November 30. It is very advisable to contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the date for submitting applications and to receive more detailed information concerning the process of choosing the candidates for scholarship from your country.