Job Vacancy at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology KNUST
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
APPOINTMENT OF DEANS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the postion of DEAN of the following Schools:
- KNUST DENTAL SCHOOL
- SCHOOL OF VETERINARY MEDCINE
The Dean is the Head of the School and shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the School and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good governance in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
- Must be of professorial status or equivalent grade in an analogous institution.
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities for the School
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to establish rapport between industry and the School for common purpose.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement
- Must be able to serve a THREE-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of SIXTY (60).
- In the case of the Dental School, applicants for the position must be qualified/distinguished Medical Practitioner registered under the Ghana Medical and Dental Council.
In the case of the School of Veterinary Medicine, Applicants for the position must be qualified/distinguished Veterinary Practitioner registered under the Veterinary Council of Ghana.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject for renewal for another term of three (3) years. The candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the two-term of six-years before attaining the statutory retirement age of 60.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
- A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the School.
Applicants should forward Six (6) copies of the Application under REGISTERED COVER to the following address, not later than FRIDAY, July 14, 2017.
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE