KNUST 2017/2018 Admissions; Ghanaian Applicants
WASSCE/SSSCE/ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND IB CANDIDATES)
KNUST 2017/2018 Admissions; Ghanaian Applicants; It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that applications to Degree/Top-Up Programmes of Study at the University for the 2017/2018 Academic Year are now on sale
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN MAY/JUNE, 2017 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
2. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
3. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
A. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
B. HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
4. FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only) and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Points of Sale:
All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Post Offices
Cost of E-Voucher
The cost of Online Application Voucher (E-Voucher) and Prepaid EMS Envelopes is GH¢ 180.00.
The cost of Online Application Voucher (E-Voucher) is USD 150.00.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THE GHANA POST OFFICES.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE, www.knust.edu.gh AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE JULY 31ST, 2017.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this when filling online Application forms.
Applicants should take Note of The Following:
- ONLY RESULTS AND/OR DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY APPLICANTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
- APPLICANTS (EXCLUDING AWAITING RESULTS CANDIDATES) SHALL INCLUDE IN THEIR APPLICATION FORMS PHOTOCOPIES OF THEIR RESULTS SLIPS AND/OR CERTIFICATES AS WELL AS CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
- AN APPLICANT’S FAILURE TO INPUT EXAMINATION DETAILS (i.e. Index Number and Year of Exams) AND/ OR OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PROPERLY ONLINE SHALL DENY THE APPLICANT ADMISSION TO A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY
- ADMISSIONS TO ALL PROGRAMMES OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY ARE TRANSPARENTLY ADMINISTERED BY THE CENTRAL UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BOARD WITHOUT ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND/ OR SOLICITATIONS. ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFLUENCING AND/OR GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO VISIT THE UNIVERSIY’S WEBSITE (www.knust.edu.gh) TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE. APPLICANTS ARE TO USE THE LOGIN AND PIN NUMBER PROVIDED ON THE E-VOUCHER FOR THIS PURPOSE. FAILURE TO DO SO RENDERS THE APPLICATION INVALID.
- APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT UPON RELEASE OF THE WAEC RESULTS, THE ADMISSION PORTAL WOULD BE OPENED FOR ONE (1) WEEK FOR APPLICANTS TO MAKE ANY AMENDMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THEIR NAMES, INDEX NUMBERS, YEAR OF EXAM, CHOICE OF PROGRAMMES ETC.