KNUST EXTENDS 2016/2017 ADMISSION APPLICATION
The admission application of KNUST has been extended for all prospective applicants to put in their application. According to a statement published on the school’s website on the 16th of August 2016, the application forms for entry into the university has been released on sale to all prospective applicants. This according to the statement is to offer the opportunity to all applicants who wished to apply to the university but for one reason or the other were not able to.
The admission application forms of KNUST can be purchased in all regional post offices as well as some designated post office across the country at a cost of Ghc 180.00.
All printouts from the admission application must be sent to the university on or before 2nd September, 2016.
Read the full statement released on the admission application by KNUST below
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2016/2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
WASSCE/SSSCE ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND IB CANDIDATES
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to Degree Programmes of Study at the University for the 2016/2017 Academic Year are now re-open for sale for limited vacancies.
THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE THE FORM WHEN IT WAS ON SALE.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained in Five (5) years and above.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online Application only) who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
COST OF APPLICATION:
POINTS OF SALE: ALL GHANA POST (REGIONAL AND DESIGNATED POST OFFICES)
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A VOUCHER AT A COST OF GH¢ 180.00 AND SUBMIT THE PRINT-OUT OF THE APPLICATION FORM VIA POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE
DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS)
ON OR BEFORE 2nd SEPTEMBER, 2016.