Kumasi Polytechnic Admission Requirements for HND Programmes
The following are the Kumasi Polytechnic Admission Requirements for HND Programmes. These requirements are to guide potential applicants is selecting the appropriate courses in order to increase the chances of gaining admission.
- SSSCE/WASSCE APPLICANTS
SSSCE (A – D) or WASSCE (A1 – C6) respectively in English, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science/Social Studies and two (2) relevant electives.
- ABCE/ ‘O’&’A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
Five (5) GBCE credit or five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- GBCE APPLICANTS
Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/ Social Studies.
- Technician Part II/III Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
- DBS APPLICANTS.
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
- TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS (CERTIFICATE II)
Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- MATURE APPLICANTS
- Must be 25 years old and with any legitimate documentary proof which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Have at least two (2) years working experience (letter from the employer is required).
- Pass a written examination conducted by Kumasi Polytechnic.
- Mature applicants applying for HND Dispensing Technology should have relevant hospital/industrial experience with ‘O’ Level/WASSCE/SSSCE pure science background (Chemistry and Biology) as well as credits in English and Mathematics (core).