We are glad to inform the general public that there is a vacancy at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) for the post of registrar.
The management of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, is using this medium to announces that the position of the REGISTRAR of the University shall become vacant on 1st January, 2017
About The University
Established in the year 1951, KNUST is the foremost and leading Science and Technology institution in Ghana and one of the most esteemed and finest in Africa. The University has a Student Population of 42,590 and staff strength of 3,443. KNUST provides an environment for teaching, research and entrepreneurship training in science and technology for the industrial and socio-economic development of Ghana and other African countries. KNUST also offers service to the community and is positioned to attract scholars, industrialists and entrepreneurs from Africa and the international community.
The Registrar, who is the Chief Administrative Officer, is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the University under the Vice-Chancellor and in accordance with policy directives of the Council.
The Registrar is also Secretary to the University Council and the Academic Board.
He/She provides strategic advice and briefings to the Vice-Chancellor and is expected to provide leadership and management across a wide range of activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of Master’s Degree
- Not less than Ten (10) years post qualification working experience in a tertiary institution, Five (5) of which should be at the grade of at least Deputy Registrar or equivalent.
- Or substantial Senior Management experience in a large, complex and decentralized organization, preferably in an academic institution
- Strong intellect with excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills,
- A deep appreciation of the academic working environment of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
- Be principled with strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity
- An understanding of the history and evolution of universities, local higher education policy and practice,
- Considerable experience in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external publics
- The eligible candidate should be able to complete a Five (5) year Term of Office before his/her Sixtieth (60th) Birthday.
How to Apply for the Position
Interested Candidates Should send Ten (10) copies of their Application Package Including the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, and working experience
- A statement of up to FIVE (5) pages in standard font size 12 and one-and-half line spacing, indicating how they would use their position to advance the Vision and Mission of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
These Documents are to be Submitted Directly to
SEARCH COMMITTEE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF REGISTRAR
C/o OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,
Application Closing Date
All interested candidate should be aware that the application shall close on 12TH NOVEMBER, 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that the package reaches the designated address before close of day on 12th November 2016 at 5:00 pm.
- Candidates are required to ask their referees to send their recommendation letters directly to the above address.
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
If you have any question, kindly drop them in the comment section. We promise to get back to you as soon as possible.
Also don’t hesitate to sign up for our Newsletters, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Google+
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)