Politics of Tuesday, 28 June 2016
The Northern Regional youth wing of the People#s National Convention (PNC) has called for the immediate suspension of the party’s national youth organizer, Issahaku Abdulai Awudu In a petition copied Citi News, the party’s Northern Regional youth Organizer who doubles as an aide to the PNC Presidential hopeful, Iddrisu Salifu accused the national youth organizer of insubordination.
He impressed upon the party’s national Disciplinary Committee to by extension punish the PNC Greater Accra Regional Chairman, Bala Maikamkam for conniving with the national youth organizer to jump to President Mahama’s defense contrary to the party’s position.
Below is the petition
General Secretary PNC
ACCRA 26/06/2016 Dear Sir,
PETITION AGAINST THE NATIONAL YOUTH ORGANISER AND CO TO STEP ASIDE.
SUBMITTED TO THE NATIONAL DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE THROUGH THE GENERAL SECRETARY
Name of complainant: IDDRISU SALIFU Designation/Locus:
Regional Youth Organiser- Northern Region.
Aide to Dr.Edward Mahama
NARRATION OF EVENTS On 21st June, 2016, we had a call from one television station in Accra announcing to us a supposed press conference to be staged by the youth front of the party led by the national youth organiser at 10:00am at the party’s headquarters, Accra.
The theme of the conference was to support the Ford Expedition gift to the president of Ghana.
Conferring with the leader, national chairman and general secretary, they all expressed surprise and denied knowledge of same. Consequently, the flag bearer and leader ordered his security to go to the party headquarters to guard and prevent them from carrying out unsanctioned arrangement. Since he had already expressed his view on the matter.
See link below; https://m.myjoyonline.com/marticles/politics/gift-saga-i-would-have-rejected-the-offer–edward-mahama We later got information that the Greater Accra regional chairman offered his private office to the national youth organiser and his people to carry out the conference.
Later, the communication director, Mr. Emmanuel Wilson, distanced the party from the so called press conference.
Again, see the link below
https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/politics/We-didn-t-approve-press-conference-on-Mahama-car-gift-PNC-450119 PARTICULARS OF CLAIMS On the basis of the foregoing, I am obliged to make these observations amongst others;
(1) Mr. Issahaku Abdulai Awudu and Co are emboldened by similar acts of former national officers. Hassan Ayariga and Abu Ramadan
(2)The behavior of Mr. Issahaku Awudu ultra varies the principles of good faith, code of conduct for party members. An action of which places the name of the party into disrepute and public ridicule.
(3) The action on the same date (21/06/2016) of the IEA event was intended to or had the potential to divert, neutralize the Presidential candidate’s IEA evening encounter and to create a semblance of disunity in the party.
(4) That the action seemed to have been engineered or supported by powerful men within the party for their parochial interest.
(5) That Mr . Issahaku Awudu can not be trusted to perform or given any delegated responsibility or be part of the flag bearer’s campaign organization and activities.
(6) The party’s silence on similar matters over the period is breeding a culture of insecurity, impunity, power play, occultism and general disregard for authority. RELIEFS: As a citizen of Ghana and member of the party (PNC), I wish to invoke my constitutional rights in seeking the following reliefs;
(1) That Issahaku Awudu is immediately suspended from acting as the National Youth Organiser of the party pending the final determination of this complaint.
(2) That Mr.Bala Maikamkam is given a one month suspension for his wrongful exercise of judgment or indiscretion by offering his private office for the matter in consideration.
(3) Any other orders that the National Disciplinary Committee may deem fit.
Cc: Leader and Flag bearer Dr.Edward Mahama
National Chairman Mr.Bernard Mornah Chairman,
National Disciplinary Committee Hon.Moses Danibah
PNC MP, Bulsa South Hon. Alhassan Azong
National Organiser Desmond Ntow
National Women Organizer Janet Nabla
National Treasurer Akane Adams
National Youth Organiser Issahaku Awudu Abdulai
Greater Accra Regional Chairman Bala Maikamkam
Northern Regional Secretary Karim Suale