Procedures for University of Ghana Fresh Students Registration
Congratulations on your admission into the most prestigious University of Ghana. We bring you the step by step Procedures for University of Ghana Fresh Students Registration
All admitted students should follow the instructions below to print out provisional admission letters, select accommodation, pay requisite fees and undertake registration.
Full registration involves:
Full registration involves:
- Printing of provisional admission letter
- Online Selection of Hall of Residence/Residential Status
- Payment of Academic and Residential Fees
- Academic Registration
- Hall and Hostel Registration
- Registration for Foreign Students
- Course/Examination Registration (To be done after orientation)
STEP 1: PRINTING OF PROVISIONAL ADMISSION LETTER
All admitted students are required to log in to the link on the University’s website with their
admission Serial Number and Pin to download their Provisional Admission Letter.
STEP 2: SELECTION OF HALL OF RESIDENCE
- Students who have been admitted will be given online access to select their hall of residence and room.
2. The list of halls available and charges for rooms are available on the University’s website.
3. Students who do not pay their fees within 24 hours after selection will forfeit their selected rooms.
4. Students wishing to be non-resident will also be required to indicate this online.
5. Students are to print out their Residence Allocation letter.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF FEES
All students (Main Campus/Accra City Campus/Distance Education/Korle-Bu) are to pay their Academic Fess and, where applicable, Residential Fees at any branch of Standard Chartered Bank or ECOBANK or any other bank stated in the admission letter with cash only.
Ensure that you quote correctly your Student ID Number on all the pay-in-slips (using a Fee Paying Voucher).
Ensure that the information captured by the teller is accurate before leaving the banking hall.
Please note that online registration can only be done 48hours after payment has been made.
STEP 4: ACADEMIC REGISTRATION
Undertake on-line academic registration 48 hours after payment of fees, through the
University website on any computer with an internet connection BEFORE YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS.
NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNDERTAKE ACADEMIC REGISTRATION UNLESS YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL THE ACADEMIC FEES FOR THE YEAR AND RESIDENTIAL FEES FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER. STUDENTS WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION MAY SEND AN EMAIL TO REGISTRATIONSUPPORT@ST.UG.EDU.GH
STEP 5: REGISTRATION IN THE HALL
All fresh students are expected to report to Campus.
Upon arrival, proceed to the Hall of Residence selected and undertake the following processes:
1. Show your Provisional Admission letter and receipts for payment of academic and residential fees to the Registration Officer
2. Proceed with Hall registration.