Regent University College of Science and Technology 2019/2020 Programmes and Cut off Points
Regent University College of Science and Technology 2019/2020 Programmes and Cut off Points,Programmes and Requirements, Regent University has three main schools comprising several departments that offer courses in several undergraduate academic disciplines. The requirements for the individual courses are to serve as a guide for prospective students in applying to the university for for the various courses.
Regent University College of Science and Technology courses :
1. School of Informatics, Engineering and Technology
A. Department of Informatics
BSc. Computer Science
BSc. Information System Sciences
BSc. Instructional Technology
B. Department of Engineering
B.Eng Applied Electronics and Systems Engineering with options in:-
M.Eng (to be revitalized)
C. Department of Mathematics and Statistics
BSc. Statistics (to be added)
2. School of Business and Leadership
A. Department of Accounting and Finance
BSc. Accounting And Information Systems
BSc. Banking and Finance
BSc. Economics with Computing
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) e-Commerce option
*Those in this program may opt to do french language beyond level 100 or those from Francophone countries, etc. may also choose to do English language as part of the program. Others may choose not to go beyond the Level 100 French language studies. In this case, those who are averse to languages will only do the required level100 French course.
Regent University College of Science and Technology Accra Cut Off Points 2019/2020
Details of Regent University College of Science and Technology Cut off points 2019
Details of Regent University College of Science and Technology Cut off points 2019; Get all the cut off points and admission requirements before you apply
The University currently uses the standard cut off point of SSSCE aggregate 36 or better; WASSCE aggregate 24 or better; the ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels as well as the GBCE/ABCE qualifications to admit qualified applicant. The Faculties have also additional requirement to be satisfied by the applicant
The Regent University College of Science and Technology Cut off points 2019 is very difficult to get even from the University. According to Regent University College of Science and Technology Cut off point is only used when a lot of people applied more than the capacity of the University.
According to the university, the cut off points of Regent University college are not mostly used. Students are to rely on the admission requirements which are stated below in applying.
For admission into any of Regent’s Programmes, an applicant must do the following:
- Submit a completed application for admission form (download from here)
You can also contact the admissions office on +233 266 83 99 61 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also complete your application online and submit it electronically. Click here to go to the online application portal
- Arrange for an official results slip or transcript and testimonial to be sent from the applicant’s last (or current) school directly to: The Admissions Office, P.O. Box DS 1636, Dansoman, Accra, Ghana.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and/or transfer forms to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the results slips/transcript submitted.
Five main categories of candidates are considered for admission into the Bachelor’s Degree Programmes.
- General Certificate of Education: Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level and 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. Two of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
- Senior High School Certificate:
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE.
- GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language.
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Professional Qualification Candidates: Applicants with 5 GCE Ordinary Level credit passes including English and Mathematics and any of the following qualifications may be considered for admission:
- Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 1 Distinction and 3 credits from accredited Polytechnics.
- Foundation and Intermediate levels of professional Certificates of relevant bodies
- RSA Stage II (5 passes) and Stage III (3 Passes).
- Post-Diploma Degree Candidates: Those with the following qualifications may be admitted to either level 200 or 300 depending on their abilities and preferences.
- HND from a accredited Polytechnics
- Diploma from a accredited Institutions
- Professional certificate (e.g. ICA Ghana) level 2, Chartered Institute of Bankers, with at least three years post-qualification work experience etc.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.