SRC Yi Bi Boa Scholarship Opportunity For Legon Students
The SRC Yi Bi Boa Scholarship is a scheme which seeks to provide financial support to needy and brilliant students of the University of Ghana.
Many students of the university face a lot of financial challenges so the SRC made it a core mandate to ensure that every student gets easy access to education irrespective of his or her financial status. It is for this reason that the SRC collaborates with The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) every year to enroll students onto the SRC Yi Bi Boa Scholarship Scheme.
How To Apply
You are required to submit a completed application form with all supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO). It is very important to respond fully to all the questions on the form which are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if any response or information on your application is not clear or needs correction.
Shortlisted applicants would be called for an interview. Successful applicants would receive a notification from the SFAO and the award would be credited to their University of Ghana student account.
FINANCIAL AID FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
This is the call for applications from students for the 2017-18 academic year. We start from the end of the first semester (early DECEMBER). Please download and submit a completed form together with supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) by 3:00 pm, Friday FEBRUARY 17TH, 2017 (closing date).
• If you are applying for financial aid for the first time, or was unsuccessful with your previous application please download and use YI BI BOA FORM A
• If you have previously been awarded financial aid by the SFAO (and would like to renew), then please download and use YI BI BOA FORM B
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312 or send an email to [email protected]. You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries.
THEIR CONTACT IS
3No. 11 East Legon,
Behind College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Students Financial Aid Office
University of Ghana
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON,
The following are EXAMPLES of documents that can be used to support applications:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing of your application.
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support, and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students’ Representative Council YI BI BOA Scholarship Scheme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition he/she may also be prosecuted. Applicants should be concise and clear in filling the form so as to avoid rejection.
SRC YI BI BOA Committee Chairman.
Evans Kofi Adanya.