1st Annual Academia and Industry Conference
Date: Oct 25, 2017 – Oct 26, 2017
Venue: Amissah Arthur Language Centre, Conference room, UCC
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
1st Annual ACADEMIA AND INDUSTRY CONFERENCE
“Contemporary Business Management Practices, Issues and Policies”
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana 25th – 26th October, 2017 Amissah Arthur Language Centre, Conference room
Contemporary management issues have arisen as a result of past and current thinking and practices in business administration. In the same vein, future managerial concerns would likely emerge from current thinking, dialogue and practices. This conference provides the platform for a dialogue involving academia and practitioners to share innovative research ideas and managerial experiences in relations to emerging trends and issues in management, marketing and supply chain. It is believed that the insight from these interactions would lead to suggestions on feasible courses of action that would enable managers embrace the challenges and opportunities in modern business administration.
The conference aims at bringing together participants from academia, industry and other stakeholders that play pivotal role in the interplay between education and issues of management, marketing and supply chain. The event aims to build closer ties between academia and the business community to spur the sharing of knowledge and collaboration.
The conference theme is structured into ten sub themes. The conference welcomes contributions that cut across themes, address one specific theme or address the main theme.
- Workplace Diversity & Employee Work Attitudes.
- Green Business/Marketing & Sustainable Development.
- Emerging Issues in Human Resource Development.
- Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics.
- Extended Producer Responsibility & Sustainable Supply Chain.
- Entrepreneurship-Intrapreneurship & enterprise development.
- Financial Reporting and Ethical Accounting.
- Hospitality Management.
- Financial Innovation, Inclusion/Literacy & Tele-money Transfers.
- Political, Religious and Public-Sector Marketing.
|Abstract submission deadline||6th September, 2017|
|Notification of acceptance||10th September, 2017|
|Conference registration deadline (Early Bird)||28th September, 2017|
Conference registration deadline (Late Registration) 6th October, 2017
- Authors are encouraged to submit practitioner papers.
- All empirical work submitted must be original, unpublished, and well referenced.
- Authors are to submit an extended abstract (300-500 words). All abstracts should include a title, keywords, author’s name and affiliation, e-mail, phone number and indicate specific sub-theme. Use Times New Roman with a font size 12.
- Submissions should be in electronic format and should be sent to the Editor-in-Chief via email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 16:00 GMT 6th
- The following are the Registration fee for the conference. This does not include accommodation:
|Participants from Ghana|
|• Paper presenters (Early Bird)||100.00|
|• Graduate students (Early Bird)||GHS||50.00|
|(Late Registration)||GHS 100.00|
|• Participants without Papers (Early Bird)||GHS||100.00|
|(Late Registration)||GHS 150|
|Foreign Participants (Early Bird)||US$ 100|
|(Late Registration)||US$ 150|
- The registration fee covers coffee breaks, lunches and conference materials. Fees are non-refundable. The maximum papers Authors can submit are two (2).
- Participants will be required to make their own arrangements for accommodation. For any assistance contact +233 050 876 3329/ +233 33 20 96923.
- Students will be required to show evidence of studentship.
- Payment of registration fees should be made into the account below: Name of Bank: GCB Bank Limited (UCC Branch)
Account Name: School of Business Recurrent Account
Account Number: 3021130002471
(Payment receipt should be made available during registration)
The Conference Secretariat
2017 School of Business Academia and Industry Conference
School of Business
University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
Tel: +233 33 20 96923
+233 33 21 37869