UCC Mature Admission For 2016/2017 Is Out
Admission of Mature Candidates into First Degree Programmes for the 2016/2017 Academic Year
Applicants are to buy application scratch cards which are up for sale at the Centres listed below:
1.0 SALES CENTRES
- Cash Office, University of Cape Coast. (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals (Mode of payment – POSTAL ORDER)
- University of Cape Coast Accra Office, Tesano, Accra. (Mode of payment – through any networked Branch of Ghana Commercial Bank, into GCB Kaneshie Industrial Area Branch – Account Number 1201130006903). A copy of payment-slip should be submitted to the Officer-In-Charge at the Accra Office for the Application Forms.
- Kumasi Workers’ College (Mode of Payment – CASH)
e.I-J Consult, Kasoa – Nyanyano Road, Near Witty Kids Int. School (CASH Payment) APPLICATION FEE (made up of cost of scratch card, examination fee and preparatory classes fee) – GH¢350.00
The deadlines for the sale of Scratch Cards for online application and the submission of completed application forms are Thursday, 3rd December, 2015 and Friday, 11th December, 201 respectively.
2.0 ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- Online applicants should visit www.ucc.edu.gh then go to Admissions and click on Apply Online for further instructions. Applicants should select the MATURE application type.
All applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope: (a) application reference number (b) full name (c) postal address (d) first choice programme and (e) application category which should be MATURE.
Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the admissions brochure very carefully before completing the online application form. Applications on which APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBERS are not indicated will not be processed.
3.0 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE CANDIDATES
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates must;
- be, at least, Twenty-Five (25) years old by 31st December, 2015. A copy of applicant’s birth certificate issued not less than five (5) years from the day of completing the application form should be enclosed with the application materials.
- have any one of the following:
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate in relevant electives with credit passes in Core English and Core Mathematics
- Teacher’s Cert. ‘A’ with GCE ‘O’ level credit passes in English and Mathematics.
NB. Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics would be required to register for (after payment of a fee of GHS50.00) and pass special examinations in those subjects.
4.0 ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
4.1 Main Papers
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- General Paper
- Aptitude Test
- Special Paper (for Education programmes only)
4.2 Special/Practical Papers
i. Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit pass at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
ii. Practical examinations will be conducted for candidates applying for the Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education (Health, Physical Education & Recreation) programmes on Wednesday, 20th January, 2016.
4.3 Dates for Examinations
i. Wednesday, 20th January, 2016 – Practical Examinations for Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education (HPER) candidates.
ii. Thursday, 21st January, 2016 – General Paper/Aptitude Test/Special Paper in Education
iii. Friday, 22nd January, 2016 – Special Papers in Mathematics and English
4.4 Preparatory Classes
Preparatory classes will be run for all applicants from Monday, 28th December, 2015 to Monday, 18th January, 2016 on selected topics to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Applicants are expected to report on Sunday, 27th December, 2015.
Applicants are required to make their own accommodation arrangements with the Halls of residence on campus or Hostels in communities surrounding the University campus and the Cape Coast Metropolis during the period of the preparatory classes and the examinations.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Copies of completed online application forms (confirmation pages) accompanied by photocopies of results slip(s), birth certificate, payment slips or receipts and other relevant documents should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Completed online application forms should reach the Deputy Registrar, Division of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 11th December, 2015.
Applicants are to ensure that copies of the application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
(b)No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips (not returnable) should accompany completed forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.
A change of programme after the submission of application form would NOT be allowed.
6.0 PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2015/2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
Mature candidates are advised to select only programmes that are listed below.
FACULTY OF ARTS
|B.A. (African Studies)|
|B. A. (Communication Studies)|
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STUDIES
|B.Ed (Social Sciences)|
|B.Ed (Social Studies)|
|B.Ed (Health,Physical Education and Recreation)|
|B.Ed (Basic Education)|
|B.Ed (Early Childhood Education)|
|B.Ed (Home Economics)|
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
|B.Sc (Tourism Management)|
|B.A. (Population & Health)|
|B.A. (Social Sciences)|
|B.Sc (Hospitality Management)|
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
|Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)|