University of Cape Coast 2016/2017 Academic Calendar
The academic calendar for university of cape coast. The detailed programmes are the certified activities for the 2016/2017 academic year of the university.
All fresh and continuing students of the University of Cape Coast and the general public are to take note of the following arrangements for the re-opening of the University for the 2016/2017 Academic Year:
(a) Fresh Students Report : Saturday, 13th August, 2016
(b) Orientation for Fresh Students : Monday, 15th August, 2016 – Friday, 19th August, 2016
(c) Online Registration of Courses by
Continuing Students : Monday, 6th August, 2016 – Friday, 26th August, 2016
(d) Continuing Students Report : Saturday, 20th August, 2016
(e) Registration of Courses (All Fresh Students) : Monday, 22nd August, 2016 – Friday, 26th August, 2016
(f) Lectures start : Monday, 29th August, 2016
(g) Fresh students are to report at the Porter’s Lodge of the Halls of Residence indicated in their admission letters.
- REGISTRATION OF COURSES
On-line Registration (for continuing students only). Continuing students can pre-register their courses for the First Semester (2016/2017) online before arrival on campus. They are to do so by visiting the University’s website (www.ucc.edu.gh), clicking on the Students’ Portal Link and proceeding with the registration of courses. Printouts of the registered courses are to be taken to the respective Faculties/Schools/Departments for endorsement.
Online registration will be available to only students who have paid their fees in full and do not trail courses outside the allowed limits.
Students are to take note of the following:
- The main venue for the registration exercise for fresh students will be the ICT Centre. A schedule for the registration exercise for fresh students will be posted on all Notice Boards for the attention of students. Students are to present themselves at the registration centres for registration only on the days and at the times assigned to their respective Faculties/Schools or programmes.
- All students are to note that, apart from Level 100 students who take and pass the supplementary (re-sit) examinations, no registration will be permitted after Friday, 26th August, 2016.
- As has always been the case, registration by proxy is an offence. Offenders will be dealt with according to the rules and regulations of the University.
- Continuing students who owe fees will be required to settle the outstanding fees in addition to payment of fees for the 2016/2017 Academic Year.
- Supplementary (Re-sit) End-of-Semester Examinations for Levels 100 and 400 Courses will be taken from Monday, 29th August, 2016 to Friday, 2nd September, 2016. Affected students, especially prospective Level 200 students should note that there will be no extension of the period for these examinations.
- All re-sitters are required to pay a re-sit fee of Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHS50.00) per paper at the Cash Office and present the receipt to the Teaching and Examinations Section prior to the writing of the paper(s).