University of Ghana November 2016 Congregation – General Notice
GRADUANDS ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Dates of Congregation are Friday, 18th November 2016 and Saturday, 19th November 2016. There will be two sessions at the Great Hall on each day for the Colleges and the School of Graduate Studies. Browse the Congregation Schedule link listed on the right side of this page for details on specific sessions.
- Important information regarding registration for congregation and payment may be found on the University of Ghana website
- Lists of Graduands to be presented in November 2016 is available on the University website. Graduands who wish to attend the congregation are required to Register On-Line from Monday, 31st October– Monday, 14th November 2016.
- a. Following registration, an invoice will be generated for payment of the congregation fee of GH¢ 200.00 at any branch of Ecobank Ghana Limited. Alternately, Debit/Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard) can be used to pay online.
- Students with outstanding bills should contact the Student Accounts Office promptly to settle them. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that obligations on his/her account to the University are met to enable records to be cleared for registration. Students with outstanding fees on their Account may be barred from registration and receipt of their UG Transcripts/Certificates.
- Upon presentation of Student ID and payment slip at the respective College/School collection point, graduands will be issued with ACADEMIC GOWNS, SOUVENIRS AND INVITATION CARDS.
- Deadline for registration for Congregation:
MONDAY, 14TH NOVEMBER, 2016 AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT PROMPT!
- Graduands should locate their seats prior to the commencement of the ceremony. Graduands should be seated by 8:00am for the morning session and by 1:00pm for the afternoon session. Graduands should not loiter at the entrance to the Hall and around its perimeter, please.
- Graduands will be recognized individually by officials on the dais.
- Male graduands are expected to take off their caps before approaching the dais.
- The gowns should be returned from Friday, 18th and Saturday, 19th November, 2016 (after the ceremonies) to Friday, 2nd November 2016 to the respective College/ School collected from. Non-return of gowns by the deadline (2nd November 2016) will attract a weekly penalty. Late submission can be done at Rm D7, Academic Affairs Directorate where the penalty will be determined.
- Upon return of the gown set and presentation of student Identification Cards, Academic Certificates will be issued to the Graduand.
- Do make it a point to register officially as alumna/us of the University of Ghana by filling forms available at the UG Alumni Office desk at the Great Hall.