All prospective postgraduate applicants who wants to apply into the University of Ghana are to take note of the general entry requirement of postgraduate applicants before applying for admission into the University of Ghana Legon. Below is the general entry requirements into the University of Ghana for postgraduate applicants.
Entry Requirements- Post Graduate Admissions
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
- A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized University. A minimum of two to three years working experience is required from all applicants desiring to pursue programmes at the University of Ghana Business School.
For more details in respect of Admission requirements, applicants are advised to contact the various Departments/Schools/Institutes/Centres for additional information on the various programmes.
- For purposes of assessing an applicant’s eligibility, he/she may be required to take an entrance examination and/or interview at the Department/Institute/School/Centre.
- For programmes marked with asterisks (*), all applicants are admitted into the MA/MSc programme at the first instance. Students who obtain an average of B+ or better MAY progress to the MPhil programme upon recommendation by the Head of Department in consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee of his/her Department.
- Admission to any of the PhD programmes will require a relevant masters’ degree (MA/MSc/MPhil). It will also be limited to candidates whose academic and scholastic records show a potential for successful completion of doctoral degree programme. All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are as follows:
- Full-Time – Four (4) years
- Part-Time – Six (6) years