Get full information on UPSA 2018/2019 Admission Forms, How to Apply, Entry Requirements, Courses, Contacts and Fees.
UPSA 2018/2019 Admission Forms
University of Professional Studies Accra 2018/2019 Admission Forms; Get all the necessary information you need on UPSA admission application.
University of Professional Studies Accra 2018/2019 Admission Forms will be released in January 2018. All forms on applications will be done on the UPSA online application portal.
Get more details on admission requirements for the various courses, how to apply and the documents needed from the post.
It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that application for admission to Undergraduate Programmes of Study at the University for the 2017/2018 Academic will be opened in January.
How to Apply | UPSA Admission Application
Read the Guidelines below carefully before you proceed with the application
The University of Professional Studies, Accra invites applications from qualified applicants for admission to its Postgraduate, Undergraduate and Diploma programmes for the 2018/2019 academic year. Applicants should take note of the following instructions:
All qualified applicants are strongly advised to carefully read all relevant information including guidelines and admission requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate applicants before applying.
- The University now runs the following new programmes namely: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management, Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations Management, Diploma in Information Technology Management and Diploma in Public Relations Management.
- The Bachelor of Business Administration programme has no options. Applicants intending to do a first degree programme in Accounting are advised to opt for Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- Applicants are to note the following sessions that are available for the various levels:
(i) Undergraduate Programmes-Regular(Morning) Session is available for Level 100 applicants only, (ii) Undergraduate Programmes-Evening & Weekend Sessions are available for Level 100, Level 200 and Level 300 applicants (iii) Diploma Programmes-Regular (Morning) and Evening Sessions are available.
- Applicants for Level 100 Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2017 are also eligible to apply. Such applicants are required to indicate their WASSCE index numbers and subjects on the on-line application forms.
- All UPSA Diploma holders/graduates including those who will graduate in July 2017 should indicate their STUDENT ID NUMBER on the on-line application forms.
- All mature applicants are required to visit the Admissions Office (Room 7, New Administration Block) to undertake a registration exercise for mature access course and examinations after submitting the application on-line. For further information refer to the guidelines for mature applicants.
- All applicants will be considered based on results equivalents and requirements as provided by National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) and National Accreditation Board (NAB) as well as the University’s own admission criteria.
- All applications must be submitted on-line at admissions.upsa.edu.gh upon purchase of UPSA ON-LINE SERIAL NUMBERS (OSN) and completion of on-line admission forms.
- All applicants are to also note that a change of programme after the submission of the application will not be possble.
- All applicants are strongly advised to be mindful of any persons who may approach them under the pretext of assisting them gain admission to UPSA for a fee. This is because the process for admission to UPSA is very transparent.Click to visit the online admission portal
For further information please contact the Admissions Office located in Room 7, Ground Floor, North Wing, Central Administration Block or Telephone-0303-937544/0303-937542 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPSA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS | ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission Requirements for Various Levels of Undergraduate Programmes
- • West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
- • Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
- • General Business Certificate of Examination (GBCE)
- • American High School Grade 12 with at least Final Grade Point of 3.0.
WASSCE and SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A1-C6 and grade A-D respectively) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to any three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 24 or better.
BSc in Actuarial Science programme applicants must have Elective Mathematics …as one of the three elective subject
Applicants for admission to the Bachelor of Laws programme will in addition to ..the above be required to pass both written examination and selection interview.
WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Holders:
Passes in any three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better) at the GCE Advanced Level plus a pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) or better in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the GCE Ordinary (‘O’) Level.
Advanced Business Certificate Examinations (ABCE) Holders:
Full diploma certificate (passes in any five (5) subjects at the ABCE level and at least two of the passes should be grade D or better). In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes in six (6) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the GBCE or SSSCE or WASSCE.
Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/Diploma in Education Certificate awarded by any institution accredited by NAB.
Recognized Professional Qualifications:
At least complete Level One (1) of any of the following recognized professional qualifications:
ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG and CIB only.
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at most Second Class (Lower Division) awarded by
NABPTEX in disciplines relevant to the programmes being offered by the University (i.e. Accounting, Secretaryship & Management Studies, Purchasing & Supply, Marketing, Statistics, etc).In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post HND qualification working experience.
Applicants in possession of university/tertiary diploma with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of at most 2.49 from any university/institution accredited by National Accreditation Board (NAB)in programmes relevant to the courses being offered by the University.
General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
Applicants must have at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the GCSE/Baccalaureate/Cambridge ‘O’ Level and three relevant subjects at the ‘A’ Levels.
Applicants with Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent recognized chartered professional qualifications ( i.e. ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG and CIB)applying to do the 3-Year Post-First Degree LLB programme must have a minimum of third class in addition to passing both written examination and selection interview.
Applicants who qualify under Categories C, D,E and F must, in addition, have WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE credit passes in three (3) core subjects and two(2) electives subjects or credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science subject at the GCE‘O’ Level.
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least Second Class (Upper Division) awarded by
NABPTEX in disciplines relevant to the programme being offered by the University (i.e.
Accounting, Secretaryship & Management Studies, Purchasing & Supply, Marketing and
Statistics). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post HND qualification working experience.
University/tertiary diploma applicants with at least FGPA of 2.5 in related programmes (i.e. Accounting, Public Administration, Management and Marketing) from any university accredited by the NAB.
Applicants with at least completelevel two (2) of any of the following recognized professional qualifications: ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG and CIB only.
Applicants who qualify under Categories A, Band C must, in addition, have WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE credit passes in three (3) core subjects and two(2) electives subjects or credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science subject at the GCE‘O’ Level.
Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
Attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years
Show proof of age with birth certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
Must have at least three (3) years’ work experience and should be able to provide a letter of appointment from their employer or show any proof of employment.
Must possess at least credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics or in the case of WASSCE or SSSCE/GBCE holders, at least grade C6 or grade D respectively in five (5) subjects including English Languageand Mathematics.
Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination General Paper and selection interview.
Applicants with WASSCE grade D7/E8 or SSSCE/GBCE grade E or GCE ‘O’ Level grade 7/8 in English Language and Mathematics may apply but their admission would be subject to their having passed the University’s Mature Special English Language and Special Mathematics papers in addition to General Paper and selection interview
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES ACCRA COURSES
Diploma Programmes (Morning & Evening)
- • Diploma in Accounting
- • Diploma in Marketing
- • Diploma in Management
- • Diploma in Public Relations Management
- • Diploma in Information Technology Management
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- • Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- • Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- • Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- • Bachelor of Business Administration
- • Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- • Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations Management
- • Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- • 4-Year Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- • 3-Year Post First Degree Bachelor of Laws(LLB)
- • Regular (Morning) Session available for Level 100 entry only
The School of Graduate Studies (SOGS) of the University of Professional Studies; the only accredited Public Professional and Academic University in Ghana, invites qualified applicants to enroll in the following focused global and corporate tailored professional Masters’ Degree Programmes:
- MBA in Accounting and Finance
- MBA in Auditing
- MBA in Internal Auditing
- MBA in Corporate Governance
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Petroleum Accounting and Finance
- MBA in Total Quality Management
- MPhil /MSc in Leadership
UPSA PROFESSIONAL COURSES
The University of Professional Studies, until recently, was the only public tertiary institution in Ghana mandated and accredited to provide both Degree and Professional programmes in accountancy and management.
Since the establishment of the University in 1965, it has been collaborating with the following Professional Bodies:
• Association Of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) UK.
• Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG)
• Chartered Institute Of Marketing, (CIM) UK.
• Chartered Institute Of Management Accountants (CIMA) UK
• Institute Of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) UK
The fees will be out at the beginning of the academic year. You can contact the schools for more details