VIDEO: Another ‘Shocking’ Power Bank Fire Incident

By | August 1, 2015

power3Few months ago when the never-heard-before news of a Ghanaian lady electrocuted to death by a power bank she was using to charge her phone went viral on social media, some of us could hardly believe the happening. This is because after applying several logic, it didn’t seem understandable how that could happen.

But today, there’s another incident. This time, in South Africa and a gentleman. Mr. Kuaho posted via facebook on Thursday that his power bank set alight and on fire in his pocket!

“Am still in shock. I was literally set alight and on fire by my powerbank in my pocket. I said it in the morning… I am with God and his favour.”

He said he had minor burns on his thigh after the fire.

“Could have been worse but luckily I escaped with a minor burn on my thigh. Guys be careful with these powerbanks for you cellphones. They literally catch fire.”

It is unclear whether the power bank was in use before the explosion. The makers of the device cannot be confirmed however it is branded with the logo of Old Mutual, an international banking group.



By: Jonas Nyabor/233livenews