KNUST Re-Opens 2016-2017 Admission
WASSCE/SSSCE ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND IB CANDIDATES
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to Degree Programmes of Study at the University for the 2016/2017 Academic Year are now re-open for sale for limited vacancies.
THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE THE FORM WHEN IT WAS ON SALE.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants:
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
2. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained in Five (5) years and above.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
3. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
4. FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online Application only) who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
COST OF APPLICATION:
POINTS OF SALE: ALL GHANA POST (REGIONAL AND DESIGNATED POST OFFICES)
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A VOUCHER AT A COST OF GH¢ 180.00 AND SUBMIT THE PRINT-OUT OF THE APPLICATION FORM VIA POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE
DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS)
ON OR BEFORE 2nd SEPTEMBER, 2016.